Campers are given every opportunity to take advantage of the ongoing research at the marine center. Activities are designed to give campers the best experience to help them further their understanding of the coastal ecosystem and science in general. Students will engage in science research projects that are designed to fit right into the research currently being conducted by CWC scientists. Campers will complete FMS with a new awareness and understanding of the ecosystem, the current research results, and further insight in how to communicate like a scientist. Listed below are just some of the experiences and opportunities that will be provided to participants of FMS.
- Daily field excursions to conduct research.
- Presentations and panel discussions with CWC scientific staff.
- The chance to communicate the results of their research projects with science professionals.
- Exposure to and experience in working with large datasets.
- Opportunities to learn more about picking the right college/graduate programs.