- Quantify changes in biomass, photosynthetic activity, marsh elevation and soil strength of dominant emergent wetland plants (i.e., Spartina alterniflora) exposed to oil in 2010.
- Separate the effects of marsh elevation and background shoreline erosion rates from any effects of the oil.
- Pathways for crude oil into marsh organisms and food webs by using stable isotope measurements.
- Effects of oil on marsh macrofauna, changes in behavior with low toxicity levels.
- Changes in commercial fisheries landings and effort in Barataria Bay from 2010-2012.
Professor/ Director of Coastal Ecology Institute
Louisiana State University